Large filesizes

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Jul 3 16:02:18 PDT 2014

On Thu Jul 3 19:43:25 BST 2014, TQ wrote:

> I seem to recall a thread a while ago regarding large files ( >4GB or
> so) which truncate at the fat32 limit due to, ISTR, rtmpdump.
>
> I've trawled back through my archives and can't find any reference.
> Does anybody remember it,

You can find this thread in the Feb 2014 list archives:

 http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-February/thread.html#startOP was Sam P:http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-February/005425.htmland the issue was observed on the flashhd quality variant of theWinter Olympics 2014 Opening Ceremony...> what was the solutionMany thanks to dinkypumpkin, who provided a special mod of rtmpdumpto bypass the RTMP 4GB limit (which has nothing to do with the file systemof your hard disk):https://bitbucket.org/dinkypumpkin/rtmpdump/branch/4GBIf you are on Windows, you can grab the x86 binary here (again,c/o dinkypumpkin):https://bitbucket.org/dinkypumpkin/rtmpdump/downloadsYou can safely replace your current copy of rtmpdump.exe(or choose to back it up first) with this moded one - just rename itfrom  rtmpdump-4GB.exe to simply rtmpdump.exe. Or you can point get_iplayer to this new binary by editing yoursystem options file or via the --rtmpdump <path> option...If not on Windows, I'm sure others can step in...Regar!
 ds,Vangelis.