Still getting Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256) with 2.85?

Nick get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net
Thu Jan 30 09:09:57 EST 2014

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 07:22:19 -0600
"Walters, Mark" <Mark_Walters at bmc.com> wrote:

> Thanks Chris, same result I'm afraid;

Try clearing out the contents of /etc/get_iplayer/options, in my
~/.get_iplayer/options file I have no swy verify bit. IIRC that was
needed historically to work around some BBC changes to the service.

Also, you are being naughty and running get_iplayer as root (the #
prompt gave it away ;) Or you are just using a terminal/shell I'm not
as familiar with). g_ip and rtmpdump should always work AOK as a user
(unless either can do privileged stuff (like open a port <1024) and
I don't think I've seen that).

Though a tidy-up of /etc/get_iplayer and any ~/.get_iplayer directories
might be worth it too, just to simplify things if there is a good
reason why you are trying to download with two accounts.

GL, HTH, etc.
Nick