Massive memory footprint from rtmpdump

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Wed Feb 12 18:41:45 EST 2014

On 10 Feb 2014 at 21:53, dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/02/2014 20:39, Peter S Kirk wrote:
> > at ~500KBS, but no files are increasing in size.
>
> I've observed the same thing, but only when rtmpdump is attempting to
> resume an interrupted download.  It is seeking through the rest of the
> stream looking for the point to resume downloading, but never finds it.
>   I recently discovered that the K-S-V build of rtmpdump - which some
> people may be using on Windows - has this problem with BBC streams
> because they don't conform to the format that it expects.

Yes, when attempting resume is when it happens. I have to kill the process.
I'm using the rtmp that is downloaded by windows get_iplayer installer.

For when download fails I make copies of the partial as it's downloading.
Sometimes I can rename and use them to resume, sometimes not as rtmp
generates error on file size. Any idea why some can be resumed and some
not?

Cheers,

Peter

15GB + 5GB bonus Free cloud storage, no credit card details required:
https://copy.com?r=VnqHxA - 5GB bonus for both for using referal link

Cloud storage space and app provided by https://www.barracuda.com