iPlayerRadio (finally - and sadly) has changed!

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 17:48:30 EST 2014

On 12/02/2014 18:00, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> individual station I'm interested in...From the "schedule" pages, AOD
> content
> opens up only in the "new" format, e.g. last Sunday's Official Chart
> is available on this URL only:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03thv4n

get_iplayer HEAD should now support URLs in this format on the command
line.  It relies on screen scraping, though, so it could break at any
time.   Always safer just to use the PID.

> As far as get_iplayer is concerned, the "new" AOD pages use the
> v5 mediaselector,
> http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/select/version/2.0/mediaset/pc/vpid/[vPID]
>
> while get_iplayer uses for both TV & radio content the "old" v4 one,
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/[vPID]

The open.live.bbc.co.uk URLs appear to have extra items appended after
the PID.  They don't seem to be necessary for get_iplayer purposes, but
I'm slightly wary nonetheless.  The results seem to be same for both
sources, so I'm inclined to leave things as they are for now.

> Thanks to all those that offered advice and solutions over the 3.5 years
> since I joined
> this list (especially dinky), I myself  have provided help for some
> people, too.

Many thanks for your contributions to date.