James May - Flight Club

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Mon Dec 29 14:06:32 PST 2014

On 29 Dec 2014 at 20:49, Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice
<allsorts at howhill.com> wrote:

> > Unless it's an older "series catch up" episode, in which case it
> > may still be in the cache too, but that's less common now that things are
> > generally available for 30 days.
>
> How does one explain Click, the entire last 12 months of episodes are in the
> cache. Or HARDTalk that appears to go back to 2011. Newswatch 17/01/2014 to
> 13/09/2014. Prime Ministers Questions last 12 months. Question Time
> 09/01/2014 to 10/07/2014. Scottish First Minister's Questions last 12
> months. This Week 09/01/2014 to 11/09/2014. Welsh First Minister's Questions
> last 12 months. Common factor appears to be they are all the product of the
> News department...

Imho, its not important what is or is not in the cache. A google search
will find the direct link to the iplayer page to copy and paste into the
PVR. Probably much faster and more accurate than searching cache. Most
important is that GiP works, I consider the PVR cache a bonus feature and
accept its limitations.

Peter