Seeking advice on transfer to new computer

Roger Bell_West roger at firedrake.org
Sun Dec 28 15:36:27 PST 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 10:59:48PM +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:
>As the download_history is in the current users space what happens on a
>multi user system when more than one user requests the same programme? Does
>it get downloaded for each individual user request?

Tempted as I am to say "try it and see", the answer is yes.

You could get clever with a group-writeable history file and multiple
links to it, I suppose, but I don't think anyone's complained about
the current system. It's what a program on a multi-user machine is
expected to do: the actions of user A don't affect user B.