Is the tv.cache file shrinking because of the season?

Nick get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net
Sun Dec 28 07:21:33 PST 2014

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 11:45:12 +0200
"Vangelis forthnet" <northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr> wrote:

> get_iplayer --type=tv -f --force
>
> produced:
>
> INFO: 1816 Matching Programmes
>
> some minutes ago...
> So, the shrinking goes on... (?)

It'll be the change of pattern of programmes at the moment, more films
and specials of programmes, and less little programmes like local news.

Maybe more imports are on too, like Family Guy, that don't end up on
iplayer but obviously still take up broadcast time, which could also
skew the figures. I guess some of the films that have been shown also
are not licenced to be on iplayer? IIRC I saw a Shrek listed on
tvguide.co.uk but looking at the films page on the iplayer website I
don't see a Shrek [2|3|n].

FWIW the count here is 1819, and I too think over 2000 is a bit more
"normal".

Nick