Support for live radio Shoutcast streams

Christopher Woods christopher at custommade.org.uk
Sun Dec 14 15:41:56 PST 2014

They're already available (but as AAC, not MP3), search for 'BBC AAC
streams'. You need to point your player to the .pls playlist URL for each
stream, the access token contained within is uniquely generated per access
and has an immediate expiry.

IIRC the playlist files basically link to the CDN P & Q endpoints through a
couple of different routes. Most stations are 128kbps AAC LC, Radio 3's
also available as 320kbps.