GitHead questions from the uninitiated

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:05:22 PST 2014

On 02/12/2014 23:47, Shevek wrote:
> On 2 December 2014 at 22:32, Alan Milewczyk <alan at soulman1949.com> wrote:
>
>> <snip> how do we know when this has been updated?
>> It not like some file list where we can see the date stamp of the files.

Oh yes there is. Go to the home page of the repo:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer

The time of the last commit is shown above the file list, which may be
all you need.  Click on the "XXX Commits" link above the file list to
see the commit log.  Commit times are somewhat unhelpfully displayed in
relative form. Hover your mouse over the "12 hours ago" or whatever to
see the absolute time.

Or just use the Atom feed:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/commits/master.atom