[ANN] get_iplayer 2.86 released: Is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit PC on the way?

Robert Snelling h3q7f at rcs0000.me.uk
Fri Apr 11 10:35:14 PDT 2014

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit PC and Jon's PPA (stable, not testing)
on a Xen DomU (using open source Xen hypervisor, not commercial).

Is GIP 2.86 on the way for me? At present, I've simply replaced the main
GIP script with one I downloaded from dinkypumpkin's GitHub. Would this
be suitable for people other than me to do in the meantime? Do you
foresee any issues with doing what I've done?