Changed subtitle format

Jonathan Larmour jifl at jifvik.org
Mon Sep 23 17:42:58 EDT 2013

[ Please keep me on CC, I'm not on the list. ]

dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 23/09/2013 06:39, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>> I'm attaching a patch which does fix the problem, although I'm sure someone
>> with better perl skills than me (which is most people, as I don't really use
>> perl) can make it a bit better.
>
> Thanks.  I've trimmed your patch a bit:
>
> https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/commit/3f377f0a1c16904c9801213bbed2c666f4cd6e7a.patch
>
> Let me know if it still works at your end.  If so, I'll merge it.

Thanks for the trim - those vars were sticking around because of some debug
stuff I had removed before posting. Unfortunately there's a problem with that
new version - you accidentally reverted one important change to the regexp. As
a result that would cause it to get greedy when presented with the
existing/older format of TT subtitles which could include things such as this
(which should be all on one line if the mailing list retains that):

In fact it would cause things to get stuck in a loop.

I'm attaching a, hopefully final, patch. New! Now with comments!

Jifl