Have the beeb's files changed?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 15:25:33 EDT 2013

On 16/09/2013 23:02, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> My unscientific survey suggests that the files have changed slightly.

FWIW, I've also noticed that the audio encoding has changed.  flashhd
and flashvhigh audio is no longer encoded with the HE-AAC profile, but
rather using the AAC LC profile used for the other video quality
settings.  Not a surprise given that the audio is only 96 kbps.  Again,
that seems like it would it be more likely to work with a hardware
codec, but maybe the Sony TV doesn't like the change.  On the plus side,
this might be a good thing for PS3 users whose machines couldn't cope
with the old audio encoding.