BBC radio london programmes - why do my recordings end up "mono"?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Sep 8 21:05:57 EDT 2013

On Mon Sep 9 01:28:37 BST 2013, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:

>I put the firstbcast & lastbcast names into my --file-prefix template for
>both TV and radio fetches some time ago, but I don't think I've ever seen a
>file where the values are different.  That's fair enough for recent
>brand-new programmes, but not what I expected for ancient radio comedies.
>
>Does anyone get realistic values for these dates?

Hi Jeremy.
It's pretty late now in my timezone, but just off-the-top-of-my-head
you may have to manually update the get_iplayer.pl script from git - please
see the following commits that were pushed after Tag version 2.83 :

http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git/commit/f54edf7840d0782947020de41f2a19d0edfc7a44

http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git/commit/f214c4bd37c114cf586b576c74f1169046f79ef7

http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git/commit/02ce93eb5c3fbcd2c1bdcf5d66190374df55aeec

(first commit came as a result of a discussion in the list, you may wish to
read the
"Is it a repeat?" thread in the June 2013 list archive:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2013-June/004406.html )

I'm pretty sure dinkypumpkin will be able to assist you further, if need
be...

Vangelis.