Recent issue with AtomicParsley?

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Nov 11 09:56:32 EST 2013

Hi dinkypumpkin,

On 03/11/13 23:07, Budgie wrote:
> Hi dinkypumpkin,
>
> On 03/11/13 18:45, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> [snip]
>> You need to provide full path to AP, not just directory:
>>
>> --atomicparsley /usr/local/bin/AtomicParsley
>>
>> You don't need this if /usr/local/bin is in path before /usr/bin (or
>> you've removed the old version of AP)
>
> Many thanks for clear directions.  Done my housekeeping using package
> manager and /usr/local/bin is before usr/bin in PATH so all OK for new
> version of AtomicParsley.
>

>>> The thumbnail was saved separately in a .jpg file.  My mistake?
>>
>> Thumbnail must be saved in separate file for AP to add it to MP4 files.
>>   Unless you use --thumb option, thumbnail is normally deleted after
>> successful tagging.
>
> Yes but on these occasions the .jpg file was not deleted because the
> tagging failed at the last step.  I have run on all the faulty episodes
> again with new AtomicParsley and all is now OK again.
>

>>> I have now just upgraded to version 2.84.  Should I clear the swfVfy
>>> line from prefs?
>>
>> Yes.  See "Reverting Your Changes" in:
>>
>> https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/swfurl
>
> Thanks for the link.  Job done and all still OK.
> Many many thanks once more.
> Budgie

Well I posted too soon it appears.  I have done the upgrading of AP as
directed (it reports version 0.9.5 (utf8) and was obtained from the link
you sent)  and get_iplayer (version 2.84) running on openSUSE 12.2
(64bit).

I am sure all was working well after the upgrading and housekeeping.  No
error messages so I had assumed all was well but now having loaded into
NAS I find there are no thumbnails and the tagging is not working at all.

Should I have put an instruction in prefs pointing to AtomicParsley?

Budgie.