get_iplayer Windows installer updated to 4.8

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Nov 6 00:24:24 EST 2013

On Tue Nov 5 19:44:59 GMT 2013, dinkypumpkin wrote:

>The get_iplayer Windows installer has been updated

  I was not afflicted by this issue, since not using Win8.1
nor the WebPVR (almost exclusively the CLI).
However, I take yet this opportunity to voice my
immense gratitude to you for the promptness and efficacy
in dealing with the various issues that ever so often arise :-).
After all, an application that is - no doubt - used by
thousands is in essense maintained by one person, you!

>Read the information here:
>https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/win81

Quoting from the link:

>This issue does not pertain to Windows 8 and earlier. Not yet, at least.

Yes, IE11 is scheduled for Win7, too!
Currently, it's in Release Preview status, available from here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages

But the change to final Release version, which will also be available
automatically
through Windows Update, is quite imminent; the following is quoted from:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9243188/Microsoft_ships_tool_to_block_IE11_on_Windows_7

>If Microsoft sticks to the same timetable
>(snip)
>IE11 will launch near the end of this month (Oct 2013),
>or in early November. Microsoft has declined to disclose a ship date for
>IE11
>on Windows 7, saying previously only that it would be this fall.

 With the much greater user base of Win7, of whom many have WU on auto-mode,
those that do get updated to IE11 will - as I see it - have to deploy the
new installer, if
they want to keep using the WebPVR in the fashion they were used to with
IE<11.
 So, maybe this new issue in Win8.1 was, in fact, a blessing in disguise, in
that you
were able to deal with it early on...

Regards,
V.