Using a Proxy Server

Ian macdonald ianmac51 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 13:06:55 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Just a quick question on using a proxy, I can get what I need using
proxy option on the command line (windows 7) as the http link is
optimum size/quality for my broadband.

Is it possible to switch from the proxy server once the download is
started to save bandwidth on the proxy server from command line?

I tried substituting --proxy with  --partial-proxy option but this
does not seem to work, "partial-proxy does not take an argument", is
the reported error, so I guess I misunderstood it's use.

All the best

Ian