How do I use pid recursive?

get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net
Sat May 18 11:53:01 EDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 16:26 +0100, Jake Tucker wrote:
[snip]
> I can't remember what errors I was seeing when the problem started.
> Since then whenever I want a book (or another example all parts of a
> 15 Minute Drama) I enter a pid for each part/episode. I don't do it
> that often and if I was I'd of looked into this before now. I'd like
> to grab the first 5 parts of the Carre book on Book at Bedtime from
> the last 5 days. It is a 10 parter continuing next week. From previous
> use what would happen in this situation is get_iplayer would grab the
> parts that have aired and return something like not found for the
> parts still to air.
> The Carre book pid is b01sk4r8
>
> I've tried:
>
> get_iplayer --type=radio --pid-recursive=b01sk4r8
> which returns:
> Option pid-recursive does not take an argument

I know workarounds aren't necessarily welcome, so I apologise, but the
way I would download these (I think - I'm into electronic music off the
radio) would be to just do a text search for the series, and -g it.

 get_iplayer --type=radio --nopurge bedtime

Add -g to the above command and all matches for "bedtime" will be
downloaded, and programmes already downloaded will be skipped. I think
that reproduces what you are trying to do using pids.

HTH
Nick