How do I make GiP re-record a program i've already recorded?

get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net
Sun Jul 21 10:28:52 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-07-21 at 15:20 +0100, Shiner wrote:
> INFO: File name prefix = Luther_Series_3_-_Episode_1_p01b2b5c_default
> RTMPDump v2.4
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> ERROR: Last tag size must be greater/equal zero (prevTagSize=2040433826) and
> smaller then filesize, corrupt file!
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Retry recording for 'Luther: Series 3 - Episode 1 (p01b2b5c)'

Unless there's a slick answer to this, when I get errors like that (with
just the CLI get_iplayer) I just delete the partial file and try again
from scratch.

You could just rename the partial file so g_ip can't find it and see if
that makes the DL run smoothly. If not rename it back to the original
name and await a better solution. If a ren'ing does work then delete the
corrupt file too.

HTH

Nick