GiP Forum *Forbidden*

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 05:50:19 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think most people here know this, but I'll say it anyway: linuxcentre.net
> is dead. It has been dead for 3 years. It is pining for the fjords.  It is
> an ex-site. Mountains will have crumbled into the sea by the time its page
> rank is sufficiently reduced to keep it off the get_iplayer radar, so it
> will pop up from time to time.

1: Love the python reference.

2: I wonder if it's possible to get in contact with the owner of
linuxcentre.net?
Anyone with 5 minutes and half a clue can create a robots.txt file to
have certain pages from a site gone from most search engines within a
week.
Additionally, they could use Google Webmaster Tools to remove certain
search terms from landing, and speed the whole process up.

So it maybe that he doesn't want to remove the iplayer page, but a
quick tweak would take it down the results.

But, of course, you need to be the site owner to do that :)