The mp3 radio downloads that use MPlayer.

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 18 08:48:26 EDT 2013

Hi Vangelis

> ffmpeg-20130718-git-1816f55
Thanks for checking that latest zeranoe build.

>But I think it's safest for get_iplayer to carry on using MPlayer to mux
>the mp3 files.
I stand by this statement.
imo it will be risky having to rely on particular builds of FFmpeg to mux mp3.

>I am pretty sure dinkypumpkin can come up with code to supress those "red" errors
Maybe, I'll let him decide.
Though I don't feel comfortable running FFmpeg knowing that all those scary red messages are being generated and hidden.

>OFF TOPIC:
>AAC encoders (libaacplus, libfaac, libfdk-aac)...
>Do the 5 of them happily coexist?
Yes they do - with the Linux build.
I've also cross-compiled ffmpeg.exe, but it would not compile with libaacplus if libfdk-aac or libvo-aacenc were included.