The mp3 radio downloads that use MPlayer.

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Jul 17 16:30:40 EDT 2013

(My mail client - Vista's "Windows Mail" - is misbehaving today...)

On Wed Jul 17 20:21:55 BST 2013, dinkypumpkin wrote:

>Older versions of ffmpeg either croak on the overlapping timestamps
>often encountered in the FLV file or spew a stream of scary-looking
>error messages when re-muxing. Even though ffmpeg's mp3 muxer was
>eventually changed to deal with that situation,

I guess this is the "stream" of errors I witnessed during my test...

>It would be nice to get rid of a dependency, but get_iplayer
>still uses mplayer for WMA downloads. Until we can reliably offload
>those tasks to ffmpeg, we'll need to keep mplayer around.

As discussed last January here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2013-January/003764.html

in my own tests I have found out that 1.x builds of FFmpeg are a very
reliable
means of downloading wma streams (albeit in realtime, like MPlayer...)

V.