New get_iplayer website & forums

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch marc at rintsch.de
Wed Jul 17 04:10:05 EDT 2013

On 17/07/13 00:39, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 22:36 +0100, Jonathan H wrote:
>>
>> And this mailing list is doing my head in - the software is so
>> hopelessly antiquated, it won't even tag subject lines with
>> "get_iplayer".
>
> Why would it do that? The reverse-path of the message clearly identifies
> where it comes from, so if you want to filter list traffic into a
> separate folder you can do it cleanly and safely without false positives
> when someone explicitly adds you to Cc.

There is even a List-ID header which can be used for filtering:

> Adding noise to the subject line is just pointless.

Iff you filter incoming mail into separate folders.  Not everybody does
this.  I can't relate because I would be helpless with just one giant
incoming folder, but not everybody receives as much mail.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
--
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."