Beebify now with unBLOCKr

please_no_reply at beebify.com please_no_reply at beebify.com
Wed Jul 17 00:42:59 EDT 2013

Great news from Beebify is that we've just partnered with unBLOCKr.

unBLOCKr provides access to PlayRights for DRM-protected BBC-TV shows
when you're outside the UK.  Download with Beebify, get PlayRights
with unBLOCKr.

unBLOCKr is now tightly integrated into Beebify.  Just switch on
unBLOCKr in Beebify's Welcome panel - set it and forget it, as traffic
other than BBC-TV PlayRights requests is unaffected.

As a kindness to infrequent BBC-TV viewers, acquiring one PlayRights
per day is free.  Or subscribe for unlimited use.

But we'd like to invite get_iplayer people to come and test
Beebify+unBLOCKr, so we've reduced this time limitation to 30 minutes
- meaning that as soon as you've finished watching one BBC-TV episode,
it will be ready to acquire PlayRights for the next.  Enjoy this
30-minute special for the next week or two as we monitor the
performance of this new capability (then it'll return to
one-PlayRights-per-day, or subscribe for unlimited use).

As always, Beebify works in recent versions of the top-5 browsers, but
unBLOCKr requires Windows operating system.  Setting up and switching
on unBLOCKr is as simple as clicking the unBLOCKr Setup button in
Beebify's Welcome panel.

If you've previously recommended Beebify to friends, family or work
colleagues, we'd love you to tell them about this new unBLOCKr
facility.  Firstly, that Beebify+unBLOCKr is simple to switch on and
use, and that it's free for one PlayRights acquisition per day.

There have also been behind-the-scenes improvements to Beebify, all
BBC downloads now constantly checked to remove those for which
PlayRights are no longer available, and for adding new files to
existing episodes.  Simplicity and functionality are still our focus,
and we still respect users' privacy by not requiring either email
address or other form of signup.

We really hope you'll have a look at the new Beebify+unBLOCKr at
http://beebify.com

Adam
Beebify's nerd team.