Oblique strategies

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Jul 15 17:43:44 EDT 2013

On Mon Jul 15 22:11:28 EDT 2013, Geoff Soper wrote:

>I'm trying to record http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02qncrt
>which seems to only exist outside of iPlayer on the BBC. I can't find it
>on iPlayer.

Hi Geoff. The reason that an iPlayer search does not yield this is because
its first & last broadcast date was on Thu, 13 Jun 2013 at 11:30AM, i.e.
more than 7 days ago. However, this belongs to a group of radio (and some
TV)
programmes that have an extended online availability. If you formulate
your URL into an iPlayer template, like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b02qncrt/Oblique_Strategies/

and click on "More Programme Info", you'll see that it is "Available until
12:00AM Thu, 1 Jan 2099", practically for a lifetime...

Likewise, this radio show does not populate the get_iplayer radiocache.
 As for downloading it, dinkypumpkin was just more swift than me and
already provided guidance...

V.