Can't download "Land Girls" Ep 5

J K.Eason john at jeason.cix.co.uk
Sat Jul 13 06:40:00 EDT 2013

> *From:* "Chris Marriott" <chris at chrism.demon.co.uk>
> *To:* <get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
> *Date:* Sat, 13 Jul 2013 09:37:52 +0100
>
> I've got a strange problem trying to download Friday's episode of
> "Land
> Girls" (BBC1, 1.45pm). When I use my usual download command:
>
> get_iplayer --mode=flashhigh --pid=b00mq4r3
>
> I get the response:
>
> WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid with version(s):
> default
>
> As I was writing this, I've just noticed something else strange -
> the URL is
> one for a "signed" version of the programme. Have the Beeb got the
> link
> wrong on iPlayer, do you think?
>
> Any help gratefully received!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

The BBC iPlayer page only lists up to episode 4 at the moment (plus one
'coming soon' episode):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=Land%20Girls so I'd assume that is
a mistake. (It's also in get_iplayer's list as No. 556, but again says
that it's the Audio Described version.
 I'd wait until Monday and try again.

As a matter of interest, I create a text file of what's available when I
run get_iplayer (under Windows) using the following command line for TV:
get_iplayer --tree > "C:\<mypath>\Desktop\tv.txt"
and:
get_iplayer --type=radio --tree > "C:\<mypath>\Desktop\Radio.txt"
for radio. ('<mypath>' is "Documents and Settings\User" in my case).
That gives you a nice easily searched text listing with all the episodes
together and anything added since GP was last run at the top of the list.
(Run it twice the first time you use it to get just the formatted
section.)
In fact I have two shortcuts on the start menu, one for radio, and one
for TV, which produce the file the first time GP is run.

Regards
       John