(not) converting to mp3

Derek Moss dmgi at stoptheviolence.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 18:20:40 EDT 2013

I added the aactomp3 option to my brother's preferences but it doesn't
seem to be doing anything.

We just tested downloading a couple of programmes, the first was two
hours long so took a while to download but after the progess # stopped
increasing, it didn't seem to be doing anything else.

We then tried a short news&weather programme and that downloaded a lot
quicker but then just said Recording Complete and didn't start
converting either.

Both programmes created .flv files so were aac format as far as I can
tell. He'd also tried to download a couple of other programmes
earlier, both of which created .wma files but only 1-2MB each, so
obviously something went wrong with those, so if anyone has any ideas
what might have been the problem there, I'd appreciate any pointers.

I copied the output from the commandline (we were using the Web PVR
Manager) and have put it on pastebin here http://pastebin.com/XkprVwXb

I presume if the aactomp3 conversion had started, there would be
something in that to indicate it but I can't see anything relevant.

He's using xrecode at the moment to convert the flv to mp3 but it
would probably be easier and more convenient for him if we could do it
with get_iplayer.