Thumbnails for Radio Programmes

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 19:05:49 EDT 2013

On 05/07/13 00:15, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 05/07/2013 00:04, Budgie wrote:
>> Still need help here on this please.
>
> Did my earlier reply offer no help?  If not, you'd better restate the
> problem, because I told you exactly how to found out if MP4 files
> contain thumbnails.
>
>> Is it possible that there has been a problem with AtomicParsley as
>> tagging also seems adrift.
>
> You've got to provide more information than "adrift".
>
>> From where should I get latest version of AP for use on openSUSE 12.2?
>
> Same place as the version for 12.3:
>
> https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/opensuse
>
> Not the very latest version, but good enough for your purposes.

I had my workstation fail a while back and have been too busy to do much
at the keyboard other than having terrible time trying to get old SCSI
cards to work in replacement mobo.  Meanwhile am running on another
machine and have not done anything to downloads until recently, when I
batch uploaded the files that had accumulated to my NAS.  I said adrift
because the thumbnails on this batch of files were absent from the
control point screen but I had not done any further checking until now.

Well that explains the problem.  I have had no AtomicParsley for three
months worth of downloads.  I have no idea how, when or why this was
removed but too late to cry now.  Have restored it and trust all is now
OK.  Will report back if not.

For most of the stuff I download, the programmes use the same thumbnail
each week so it may not be a problem for the majority and I can live
without them if it comes to the worst.  I have read some instructions on
recovering artwork which I shall re-visit but how long would this be
available?

Many thanks once more.
Regards,
Budgie