Another Refugee

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 18:53:00 EDT 2013

On 01/07/2013 23:32, Mike Casswell wrote:
> Following the demise of Radio Downloader, I have been trying the PVR
> version of get_iplayer. It's working fine but, although I have looked
> at all the help I can find, I'm struggling with configuration.
>
> I can find many command line functions to use with 'bare' get_iplayer
> but cannot find any way to integrate these with the PVR front end.
>
> My immediate requirement is to change the default .m4a to mp3 for radio
> downloads. Looks like 'mode' is what I need, but how do I get the PVR
> to use my preference?
>
> I would be grateful for any tips.

The modes option is not what you're looking for.  That only determines
the stream that is downloaded - nothing to do with any conversion after
download.

The Web PVR is intended for the general use, and it doesn't support all
the many options of the CLI.  However, the Web PVR will (mostly) obey
preferences set from the CLI.  In this case you you need to set the
preferences for MP3 conversion from the CLI, then launch the Web PVR and
run your downloads.

See this for general info on setting preferences:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/documentation#saving-settings

Then see this for the aactomp3 and mp3vbr options that govern AAC->MP3
conversion:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/options#recording-options