Another Refugee

J K.Eason john at jeason.cix.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 18:51:00 EDT 2013

> *From:* Mike Casswell <iplayer at nutwood.net>
> *To:* get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> *Date:* Mon, 01 Jul 2013 23:32:51 +0100
>
> Following the demise of Radio Downloader, I have been trying the
> PVR version of get_iplayer. It's working fine but, although I have
> looked at all the help I can find, I'm struggling with
> configuration.
>
> I can find many command line functions to use with 'bare'
> get_iplayer but cannot find any way to integrate these with the PVR
> front end.
>
> My immediate requirement is to change the default .m4a to mp3 for
> radio downloads. Looks like 'mode' is what I need, but how do I get
> the PVR to use my preference?
>
> I would be grateful for any tips.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Mike Casswell

You can set defaults using the command line which will then be used by
the PVR manager.
 in this case (assuming you're using Windows**):

 get_iplayer --prefs-add --aactomp3

should do the trick.

**I seem to remember someone mentioning that it may be necessary to
install an extra program to do the conversion under Linux.

Regards
       John