get_iplayer just stopped working

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 20:08:07 EST 2013

On 26/01/2013 21:09, Alastair wrote:
> I think as I recall the openSUSE/packman? repo versions may not be OK.  I think you helped
> me get versions from sourceforge or similar last year.  If you have a moment to point me to
> whence and which would be the best version, that would be a great help.

That was completely different matter, unless you got advice from someone
else with a gourd in his nom de plume.  I've never heard of any problems
with the packman build of rtmpdump.  It works fine in 12.2, and the 12.1
build comes from the same source version (2.4.git20121102).  But then
I've only used the 32-bit builds.

> Before getting your message I fetched get_iplayer and rtmpdump from github but I am not
> git literate and do not really know what I am doing or exactly which version I have.  Not
> tried any of them yet.  Waiting for your reply before I mangle things more.

Don't go DIY just yet.  Check your rtmpdump and librtmp0 packages and
make that they are both from packman and both have the same version.  If
the versions don't match, a segfault would likely result.  Even if they
check out, do as I suggested and uninstall/reinstall those packages.