Downloading multiple versions

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:11:26 EST 2013

On 24/01/2013 21:24, Kapitano wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't explain it very well.
>
> Let's say I have a PVR setup, scheduled to run every four hours. It
> looks for the default version of (say) 'Merlin', and the audiodescribed
> version. Let's say it finds the default version first and downloads that
> to the NoDescription folder. In order to download the described version
> to the Described folder, it has to look for it with the --force tag.
>
> But it checks every four hours, so every four hours it does a --force
> download of audiodescribed Merlin.
>
> The workaround I have is to use --pvr-schedule to check for the default
> versions of programmes 6-days a week, without --force. And just the
> audiodescribed versions with --force on the 7th day. Which only works
> okay if there are no hangs, unreadable streams etc. on that day.

Reply to the list, not to me.

You can run the pvr job for audiodescribed versions as often as you like
with --force enabled.  The trick is to leave your output files (or
placeholder files with exactly the same names) in place for as long as
the episodes will turn up in the search results.  The --force option
doesn't imply --overwrite, so as long the output files remain in place,
get_iplayer will detect them, print a warning and skip the download.