Stream corrupt error and then rtmpdump goes nuts

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 07:40:53 EST 2013

On 08/01/2013 14:53, Shevek wrote:
> On 8 January 2013 14:36, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was too small for 30Mb+ connections.
>> If anyone with a fibre connection is bored enough to do some
>> experimentation, it would be interesting to see if some TCP tuning could
>> solve the problem.
>>

> I am happy to do some testing if you can advise how to do it! I am on
> 69Mb fibre.
>
> I see this same issue on both my Windows 8 desktop and on my Windows
> Home Server 2011 box.

I confess I wasn't even thinking of Windows.  I don't have either of
those systems, but I'll guess that Windows 8 uses the same TCP
auto-tuning mechanism as Windows 7.  The auto-tuning can supposedly
scale the receive window up to 16MB, which is ample.  If auto-tuning is
switched off, the system uses a receive window fixed at 64K, which seems
likely to reduce throughput and cause more rtmpdump difficulties.  OTOH,
maybe something about the auto-tuning is causing problems.

Basically, I'm clueless here. FWIW, here's a link I bookmarked for
Windows 7 that explained the auto-tuning setting:

http://www.speedguide.net/articles/windows-7-vista-2008-tweaks-2574