Further question: Re: 3 questions, from a newby!

Lorenzo Martinelli * lnzlists at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 4 07:37:26 EST 2013

Hello,

I am looking to replace an old Windows laptop with a (relatively) more
recent box, on which I plan to run Mint Linux. So I installed Mint 14
KDE on a virtual machine and tried using get_iplayer.

I know virtually nothing about linux

Using the helper script started get_iplayer and pointing firefox to
127.0.0.1:1935 started the Web interface.

Great so far.

So the additional question is:

how can I have a single desktop shortcut that does both, just like on
Windows?

And additionally, I am getting a warning that ffmpeg does not exist and
the flv files are not getting converted.

How can I get them converted to mp4 automatically, just like the Windows
version?

Thanks in advance!

Lorenzo

On 09/10/2012 21:06, Clive wrote:
> On 09/10/12 20:29, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> On 09/10/2012 17:27, Clive wrote:
>>> When I try this I get get_iplayer.cgi: command not found
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong please? I use Linux Mint 11 and usually use
>>> get_iplayer in the terminal. My get_iplayer installation is from Jon's
>>> ppa (? I think that is correct).
>>
>> If you have Jon's PPA, a helper script was installed for you:
>>
>> $ get_iplayer_web_pvr
>>
>> get_iplayer.cgi itself should be in /usr/share/get_iplayer, but you
>> don't need to use it directly.
>>
>> This applies to latest Debian package as well.
>>
> Whoopee - that works. Thanks DP.
>
> :-)

                Lorenzo Martinelli, MITIA
        Italian Translations -- Words you can rely on
  http://www.italianwords.it -- http://www.martinelli.co.uk
       Twitter: @italianwords  -- FB: http://fb.me/italianwords