Stream corrupt error and then rtmpdump goes nuts!

Jonathan Wiltshire jmw at debian.org
Wed Jan 2 08:09:16 EST 2013

On 2013-01-02 12:06, Neill Mitchell wrote:
> OP here :)
>
> Okay, dusted off my C knowledge and made sense of what rtmpdump is
> doing. The reason it only goes bang right at the start is because it
> is doing a bit of extra sanity and set up processing on the initial
> packets at that stage. This is enough time to tip it over the edge
> and
> overflow the buffer.
>
> My original tweak of changing the buffer size from 64 x 1024 bytes to
> 512 x 1024 bytes does not work well because it doesn't matter how
> many 1K buffers you have, the 1K itself is not enough. So I've now
> modified it to 64 x 2048 and it is now seems reliable. I've also had
> to mod all the percentage calculations though to take into account
> the
> doubling of the buffer length. The downloads are all fine.

Are you willing to share your patch for possible including upstream and
in distros? Lines are only going to get faster so this problem will
probably
become more frequent in the future.

Thanks.

Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw at debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
             8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
			layered on top of bonghits