Ability to specify a temporary directory.

Kapitano kapitano72 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 07:41:45 EST 2013

On 2/19/2013 14:53 PM, John G. Dargie wrote:
> I call get_iplayer from a script that already looks to see if I have the file downloaded.  I also run my script from multiple locations (my Mac, or my Pi which is slower but left on overnight).  I want to reliably check that I haven't already downloaded it somewhere else.

Okay, I must be missing something here. GiP already keeps a 'cache' - a
list of already downloaded programmes - in Documents and Settings. So no
matter which device you run your script on, the GiP installation on the
downloading computer will check that you don't already have the
programme - and skip downloading unless you use the --force switch.