The Drift - crash

Chris J Brady chrisjbrady at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 14:10:41 EST 2013

Trying to get The Drift from BBC Radio Lancashire I usually use a PVM list. But it failed and wanted to download in WMA format in real time only. It actually only downloaded a few seconds.

Then I tried Search 'the drift' and then record but it failed because the History file already had it.

So I deleted the failed file from the iPlayer folder. And set the Recording option to Force. I did another earch and then Record. It failed again after only a few seconds worth.

This failure was repeatable.

Eventually I went to the iPlayer site and found the URL. I pasted this into the Quick URL field, set Recording to Force, and then clicked on Record. It downloaded fine.

So using the PVM list it failed.
Using Search then Record it failed - even with Force - many times.
Using Quick URL with Force - it worked OK.