Downloading info only on expired programmes

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 07:42:12 EST 2013

On 10/12/2013 09:04, Jimmy Aitken wrote:
> Is it possible to download information on programmes that have expired
> from get_iplayer?
>
> e.g.  Doctor Blake episode 1 is no longer on inlayer, but the web page
> at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03kk6j0 is there.
>
> I'm wanting to tag  a few files I already have, but not downloaded via
> the history in my current get_iplayer history file.

You can use --tag-only --history pid:<PID>, but only if you create a
fake entry in your download history file that points to your MP4 file.
You only need to populate the pid, type, and filename fields, however.
A couple of items (category/genre and tv network) will be missing with
this method, but you can fill in the corresponding fields in the history
file and they'll be copied into the MP4 file as well.  Look at an
existing history record for the structure.

You may find all this is not worth the bother.  You can copy and paste
all the same information from the programme page you referenced.