can someone point me to the list instructions please ...

Rob Dixon rob.dixon at gmx.com
Sat Aug 31 18:26:08 EDT 2013

On 31/08/2013 22:09, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 20:46 +0100, Rob Dixon wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry David, but I find this very offensive.
>
> Before we continue, I would ask you to watch this video:
> http://www.snotr.com/video/8285/Steve_Hughes_-_Offended
>
> Watch it from 3:20 to 5:45. Before reading any further, please.

I would much rather you explained to me directly what you wanted to say
by linking this clip. I know Steve Hughes is a stand-up comedian; if you
are having trouble explaining yourself then perhaps it would be better
to cite a more authoritative source.

>> Mable has a problem understanding the complexities of replying to a post
>> using his SMTP client while keeping to the list's rules.
>>
>> I'm pleased that you understand the whole thing comprehensively yourself
>> but, as you reply goes on to demonstrate in your post, it is a horribly
>> complex business.
>
> You seem to think that I was impugning Mable Syrup's intelligence when I
> said it was simple. You're wrong; I wasn't.

I don't think you mean "impugning". It doesn't make sense in that context.

But really? You think you can say without any implication that a thing
someone doesn't understand is "simple"?

This is the get_iplayer list. It is appropriate here to be as bland as
possible, and to concentrate on facts and specifics about the
functionality or otherwise of get_iplayer.

There are places for blasé undermining of people's shortcomings, but
this is not one of them. Please try to restrict you comments to
technical topics.

Rob