can someone point me to the list instructions please ...

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 31 17:06:13 EDT 2013

On 31 August 2013 21:50, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Whatever the rights and wrongs of how a list /should/ be setup the
> fact is that many users think of a post as having come from the list,
> not from an individual, and hence expect Reply to go to the list.  The
> proof of this is the number of times posters here get it wrong and end
> up sending to the individual.  I don't think there is any denying that
> more users get it wrong on a list configured as this one is than get
> it wrong on a list mis-configured as you described.  Also the result
> of a user getting it wrong on this list is that it does not go to the
> list, on the misconfigured list the result of getting it wrong is that
> the post goes to OP and the list.

Of course an overriding point here is that it is entirely up to the
list administrator to decide how he/she wants to configure the list.
The rest of us have to be eternally grateful that someone is prepared
to put in the time and effort to maintain it in the way he thinks fit,
which I am sure we all are.

Colin