MP4 to MP3 (Video+Audio -> Audio)

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 26 16:01:32 EDT 2013

On 26 August 2013 18:00, Roger Bell_West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 03:10:11PM +0100, get_iplayer at i.lucanops.net wrote:
>>OT, I know, but this seems to happens a bit too often on this list. Can
>>the list not insert a Reply-To: header? That would mean that for many
>>people just hitting reply will send it to the list, not an individual.
>
> Which is a worse error: accidentally to send a list message privately,
> or accidentally to send a private message to everyone?

I am on numerous mailing lists and the majority of them use Reply as
the normal method for replying to the list.  As far as I can remember
I have never seen anyone accidentally replying to the list when they
meant to reply privately, whereas on this list mistakes are very
common.  It is not a matter of knowing how one is supposed to do it,
it is a matter of remembering that this list it is different from
most.  For most the expected behaviour when one gets an email from a
list is that Reply would go back to the list.  I understand the
principled arguments for having it as it is, in many ways it is the
"correct" way, but pragmatically it is not what most users expect.

Colin