Unable to record radio prog

Marshall Cleave marshall at brooklandsand.co.uk
Sun Aug 25 17:58:56 EDT 2013

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
JAMES GALE wrote:

>  Hi there
>
>  Been away from using get_iplayer for a while as i became a
> dad..maybe my sleep deprived brain is letting me down!!
>  Am trying to download a show from 6Music but everytime it fails to
> record.  Here's the extract:
>
>  C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer [type=radio]
> --pid=b03932m7 get_iplayer v2.83, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
>    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
> --warranty. This is free software, and you are welcome to
> redistribute it under certain   conditions; use --conditions for
> details. INFO: Episode-only pid detected
>  INFO: Trying pid: b03932m7 using type: tv
>  INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
>  INFO: pid not found in tv cache
>  INFO: Checking existence of default version
>  INFO:  No specified modes
>  (flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,flashlow)
>   available for this programme with version 'default'
>   (try using --modes=flashaaclow
>  ,flashaacstd,rtspaaclow,rtspaacstd,wma)
>  ERROR: Failed to record 'The Huey Show - 40 Years of Hip
>  Hop (b03932m7)'
>
> Is this problem the fact its attempting to read  'type:tv' even
> though I entered type=radio?  If so how do I change that?
>
> Thanks

I believe

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b03932m7

is what you need.

get_iplayer v2.82, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute
it under certain conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
12893:  The Huey Show - 40 Years of Hip Hop, BBC 6 Music,
Music,Radio,Rock & Indie,Soul & Reggae

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes

*SNIP*

Regards