get_iplayer not finding PVR searches when run from cron

mikey abc.mikey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 09:31:21 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to setup get_iplayer to run under cron overnight. I have it
set up with a few searches, one of which I know has a matching file
that has not been downloaded.

I have tried both of these separately (at the appropriate times of day
and check that they did indeed run)

47 13 * * * get_iplayer --pvr --output=/var/www/Videos/
2>/var/log/get_iplayer.log
07 14 * * * get_iplayer --pvr-list >/var/log/get_iplayer.log 2>&1

They both produced exactly the same log:

------------------------
get_iplayer v2.80, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

All PVR Searches:

And the file that I know is matched by one of the searches is not
downloaded. The same 2 commands run with "sudo" will run quite appily
from the command line and will output the 5 or 6 PVR searches I have
added.

I'm running this on Ubuntu Server 12.04 and get-iplayer is version 2.80-1