BBC replacing Flash with its own media player

Matthew Tompsett matthewbpt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:57:03 EDT 2012

I disagree ... they are only replacing flash as the player on Android
platforms for obvious reasons. Adobe has stopped supporting flash on
mobile devices so new devices won't be able to install flash, and thus
use the current iPlayer app. I doubt there are any plans to replace
flash on the desktop in the near future.

Matt