re incomplete recordings

Roy South marinitasgrandad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:54:37 EDT 2012

This problem is generally caused by a low bit rate from the BBCs website fading to nothing, the servers reset and you are left with a 'default partial'. I monitor the rate using the Windows Task Manager networking page. You will know that you are going to have a problem when the bit rate is so low to enable you to see the individual packets! I have this problem at this time as I am downloading 'Storyville'
I have written to their website about this problem, but am given no satisfactory answer. If I 'test' my connection by downloading something from you-tube, this will work perfectly. What can you do about this annoying problem? well monitor the i/c signal and if it looks bad, then you have to keep clicking on the record button until the entire program has been downloaded.
Hope this helps Roy South