Incomplete downloads

Arthur Murray amurrayfsf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 22:35:22 EDT 2012

Here is what I saw at the end of the download from get_iplayer
(happend twice today on the same file):

===
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
48483.243 kB / 178.24 sec (5.0%)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
48563.632 kB / 178.56 sec (5.0%)
INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume.

Resuming download at: 48563.632 kB
48563.632 kB / 0.00 sec
Download complete
ffmpeg -i /dir/filename

=== case #2:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
842113.262 kB / 2889.04 sec (81.4%)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
842185.474 kB / 2889.20 sec (81.4%)
INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume.

Resuming download at: 842185.474 kB
842185.474 kB / 0.00 sec
Download complete
ffmpeg -i ....
===

So, it was 5% complete the first time, 81.4% complete the second time,
but then it became a "Download Complete" and continued on with the
conversion/tagging process.   Has anyone seen this before?

Is this a problem with rtmpdump (v2.4) or get_iplayer 2.82? Is there
any way to ensure this doesn't happen? Once the file is ffmpeg
converted it can't be resumed manually, so I had to find the file and
force a complete redownload.  It is worrying that incomplete downloads
can be considered complete and I might not notice it before it is too
late.