Radio Thumbnails

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:51:24 EST 2012

On 05/11/2012 14:05, Alastair wrote:
> Could you clarify please.  If I do not include --thumb in my preferences do I still get the
> embedded thumbnail?  I perhaps misunderstood and thought I would get no thumbnail if I
> didn't have the --thump preference set.   I ask because I don't really need the separate
> image if the embedded one is there (and works!).

Without --thumb: embed thumbnail and delete jpg file

With --thumb: embed thumbnail and keep jpg file

With --no-artwork: do not embed thumbnail regardless of --thumb

With --no -tag: do not add any metadata, regardless of --thumb

> On the second point my problem may be an artifact of the fact that files are on remote NAS
> and VLC  cache might not be clearing.  Will revert to this issue only when everything is
> working.  Meanwhile tagging is main issue even without thumbnail problem.   I will work
> harder!

Perhaps if the tagging isn't working, VLC just displays some random
cached artwork?  I suppose you could test by deleting the cache and
setting the album art download policy to "Manual".   As for the tagging,
I can't help you there.  With the mention of Dolphin, I presume you are
using a KDE system.  Metadata in files downloaded and tagged in Kubuntu
displays fine in VLC and Amarok (though Amarok can't display embedded
artwork), so the problem must lie with whatever system you're running on
your NAS box.  If you're not seeing metadata tags, then  atomicparsley
must not be working correctly. All I can suggest it to use --verbose and
see if any clues show up in the log output.