Get_iplayer on Raspberry Pi

Alex Eames alex at translatortips.com
Thu May 31 09:21:09 EDT 2012

On 31/05/2012 13:25, tommy wrote:
> You will need to get some dependencies too though (though a build
> environment is there already). Here's what I did to get it compiled
> (from a sensible starting folder):
>
> sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> [add an extra line for the deb-multimedia repository]
> debhttp://www.deb-multimedia.org  squeeze main non-free
>
> sudo apt-get purge rtmpdump
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install deb-multimedia-keyring
>
> [yes to "install without verification"]
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install libssl-dev librtmp-dev
>
> git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump
> cd rtmpdump
> make SYS=posix
> sudo make install SYS=posix
>
> [I think you don't actually need the SYS= bit, as posix is the default]
>
> Then you can test with "rtmpdump -v" to check you are running v2.4.

Got all that done fine. Thanks for the detailed instructions. Now
running 2.4

Have I missed something out though?

./get_iplayer --get 469
--tvmode=flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashnormal -o /media/usbstick

I now get a whole bunch of messages like this...

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file
/media/usbstick/Indian_Ocean_with_Simon_Reeve_-_2._Madagascar_to_the_Seychelles_b01h7mjp_default.partial.mp4.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashstd1 mode
INFO: Trying flashstd2 mode to record tv: Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve
- 2. Madagascar to the Seychelles

INFO: File name prefix =
Indian_Ocean_with_Simon_Reeve_-_2._Madagascar_to_the_Seychelles_b01h7mjp_default

INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file
/media/usbstick/Indian_Ocean_with_Simon_Reeve_-_2._Madagascar_to_the_Seychelles_b01h7mjp_default.partial.mp4.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashstd2 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve - 2. Madagascar
to the Seychelles (b01h7mjp)'

Looks like something isn't quite right somewhere. :(