Get_iplayer on Raspberry Pi

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu May 31 07:59:25 EDT 2012

On 31/05/2012 12:39, Alex Eames wrote:
> and by logical extension
> git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg
> cd ffmpeg
> make
> sudo make install
>
> Will this be enough to get me there? Sorry, I'm a bit of a linux retard,
> but keen to learn these basics.

You shouldn't need to upgrade ffmpeg along with rtmpdump.  It's
completely separate from rtmpdump and has nothing to do with downloading
programmes.  That said, you may want to upgrade if you have a
particularly old version, though building ffmpeg from source is not
quite so simple due to surfeit of possible dependencies.

What versions of rtmpdump and ffmpeg did you get from your distro's
repository (run "rtmpdump -v" and "ffmpeg -version")?  The Debian
squeeze repo has adequate versions for desktop machines, but I've no
idea what you get for use on a Pi.