Saved filename format for recordings

MrArtist ta-getiplayer at logonoff.com
Tue Mar 27 05:29:42 EDT 2012

On 27/03/2012 08:25, Kapitano wrote:
> Not exactly elegant, but I use 'Everything' - a much better
> replacement for the Windows search function to find all files
> containing "_default."...
>
> ...and then use a mouse/keyboard recorder like 'TinyTask' to automate
> the removal of the last 16 characters before the three letter
> extension of all of them. That takes care of all the flv, aac, srt and
> mp4 files downloaded over the previous week.
>
> Everything is free from here: http://www.voidtools.com/
> TinyTask is free from here: http://www.vtaskstudio.com/

Nice tip, I've just had a quick look at TinyTask, haven't a clue how to
use it yet, tried a test by hitting record, renaming a file and then
'stop'. Went to replay it and it took the mouse back to the same file,
highlighted the .mp4 bit (as what was previously there is now missing)
and deleted it. - Wow, this could be useful for all sorts, will check it
out further later.

Thanks