flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification

Lee Savage leesavage09 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 08:15:25 EDT 2012

Hi all

I have recently discovered get_iplayer and got it on windows works
great. I really want to get it working on my Nas. A Qnap ts419p (arm).
unfortunately I need to compile for it as there are no arm builds that
i can see.

Downloaded and compiled get_iplayer and flvstreamer sources from links below.
ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/get_iplayer/get_iplayer-2.82.tar.gz
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/flvstreamer/source/flvstreamer-2.1c1.tar.gz

Tried to download something random

perl ./get_iplayer -g 1
--output="/share/Qdownload/get_iplayer-2.82/rec/"  --modes=flashhigh
--flvstreamer="/share/Qdownload//flvstreamer"

But I get the following warning

WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification
WARNING: rtmpdump/flvstreamer 1.8 or later is required - please upgrade

I have tried different versions of flvstreamer including 1.8 with the
same results.

I also tried rtmpdump at http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/ but this give
the same result.

Thanks for any help you can give.